Frequently Asked Questions

Persons coming back from the UK to the Czech Republic are recommended to apply for a certificate of periods of insurance that they acquired there at the relevant British institutions and come to the CZ with this certificate. (There are prescribed certificates – e.g. PD U1 for the case of unemployment benefits, S041 for the sickness benefits and maternity benefits or British document certifying the periods of pension insurance).

We also recommend storing all documents concerning your stay and employment in the UK (records of social insurance, employment contracts, decisions of local social security institutions, medical records, residence documents etc.).

Frequently Asked Questions – the period from the 1st January 2021

Residence and work of UK nationals in the CZ after the 31st December 2020

Social security

Health insurance


Maternity allowance and care allowance


Social support benefits, family benefits